Degree in Hecticness

Been jamming around with the Octatrack, TR-808, Model: Cycles, Guitar, and Moog. Sounds pretty rad. Still really digging the idea of doing something that sounds like the cold/ weird side of techno meets tribal drumming and the distant/ ambient parts of metal.

Other than that, not much to report, I keep almost pulling the plug on this site because hardly anyone is reading, but like most things I keep on keeping on because it beats just sitting around watching TV.

-

Lewd - Every time I bring up Lewd it seems like people think I mean the old punk band, but no... This is the monstrous early 90's mechano-dirge Lewd from The Netherlands. Fans of SWANS, Pain Teens, and Zeni Geva definitely take note if you’re not already familiar.

Side note: One of these guys (I think it was the singer?) did a couple pretty cool harsh noise/ power electronic type albums under the name DMDN back in the day. There was one called “Sling Trip” on RRR Records that I might actually still have on one of my shelves somewhere.

-

Sonic Violence - Man it’s a tough call, but I think Sonic Violence might be my favorite “back in the day” industrial metal band?

Like I said, tough call, ‘cos obviously one can never discount stuff like Leech Woman, Godflesh, and Skin Chamber… But, whoever winds up on top of the ‘ol scrap heap I still listen to Transfixion a couple times a month 25+ years after the first time I heard it.

Definitely ground zero for my love of “tribal” drumming.

-

Skullflower - Their newer/ noisier stuff honestly doesn’t do all that much more me but Birthdeath, Form Destroyer, and IIIrd Gatekeeper will always have a pretty special place in my heart.

-

Ozzuario - like G.I.S.M., Big Black, L.O.T.I.O.N., and Primitive Knot? Cool, then I can say without much fear of contradiction you’ll probably flip your fucking shit over this.

-

Gore - Choppy, chunky, noise rock/ metal from the Netherlands. Sorta reminds me of Dazzling Killmen minus most of the vocals meets “Phlegm” era Kong with the electronic elements stripped away.

-

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

High Waters

The Unspoiled

Faultline