Donkeys Ate Vanessa...

Had a dream that DD and I were in a band that sounded like gloomy black metal/ industrial doom wrapped in tons of Autechre/ Gas/ Aes Dana/ Burial/ Echospace/ Aphex Twin style atmospherics and now I kinda wanna try to make that happen.

I also had a dream that we had a friend named Vanessa who took us to get apple cider donuts at a farmers market out in the country somewhere then wound up getting eaten by donkeys so who the fuck knows what is going on with my brain anymore.

-

Dodheimsgard - 666 International and Supervillain Outcast are probably my #1 and #2 favorite black metal albums of all time. Pulled both out recently and they still absolutely rule. I thought that the cold "futuristic" vibe that those early 00's Moonfog bands tapped into was so fucking cool back when I was 18.

-

Thorns - If DHG occupies the top two spots on my theoretical list of favorite black metal albums, then Thorns probably occupy #3. I listened to the absolute shit out of this CD back in the early 00's, and it still reminds me of late night drives to the beach to go stare up at the stars.

-

M83 - Considering doing a really warped cover of Skin of The Night with DD doing the main vocal part and maybe an assist from a friend of ours who used to sing in a grindcore band.

-

Gehenna - Of all the keyboard heavy 90's black metal bands Gehenna might have been the one I liked best 'cos I kind of like organ sounds and I thought the dude's voice was pretty rad. Picked up a used copy not long ago and it still holds up.

-

Khold - Love this album. Probably because half the riffs sound more like Nirvana, The Melvins, or TAD than anything particularly black metal.

-

Dama/ Libra - Massive doomy drone riffs meets shimmering organ and sorta fragile folky vocals. Reminds me of a cross between Daniel Higgs Burning Witch and Smog, unlikely combo in theory, but sounds really cool in practice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

High Waters

The Unspoiled

Faultline