Gag Reflex

Ugh. That's all I've got today. Just fucking ugh. Bad dreams last night. Back hurts. Really missing dead friends. Ugh.

-

Kool Keith/ Hieroglyphics - If it ever seems like I don’t have a whole hell of a lot to say about the Hip-Hop stuff I listen to it’s honestly just because I don’t feel particularly well qualified to write about it. I just kind of like what I like. Case in point here.

-

Moor Mother - Moor Mother is from here and a couple years ago I’m pretty sure I saw her on a SEPTA platform… Wanted to say hey and tell her I really dig her music but in the end I wussed out.

-

Water Torture - Hey, my headache seems to be doing better. Let's see what we can do to bring it back... How bout some ultra bass heavy powerviolence? 10 minutes. No survivors.

-

+HIRS+ - Probably tied with Starkweather as my favorite Philly band. Ripshit drum machine grind.

-

No Gang Colors - Six and a half minutes of fucking berserk grind/ powerviolence.

-

Absinthe - Chaotic hardcore from AZ circa 1997. This 7" was one of my buddy Nick's favorite albums and wound up being a big influence on the band we were in together.

-

Callenish Circle - You know what a Weeb is right? My wife is like that but with late 90's/ early 00's Swedish melodeath so I jokingly call her a "Sweeb" which I'm sure she'll bring up in the divorce papers one of these days.

At any rate, I asked if she wanted a turn on the stereo just now and she asked me to throw on "something like In Flames, but different" and Callenish Circle was the first thing that came to mind.

Energetic wheedly wheedly guitar-harmony riff salad that is actually pretty rad despite the fact it was released at a time in my life where I would have rather listened to just about anything other than this.

And yeah, I'm aware they're not Swedish, but this stuff is still Gothenburg as fuck.

-

Deadlock - Pretty much the same as above but German and with orchestral elements. I've always thought these guys had kind of a cool logo.

-

Games:

Streets of Rage 4 - Took months to finally get around to it, but I sat down and beat SOR4. Then picked it back up and cleared it without using a continue. Awesome game, killer art style, and a welcome dose of nostalgia.

-

Books:

Not today, champ.

-

Movies:

Uh, probably the 60's era The Haunting later maybe? Started it the other day but it was late and I didn't have the attention span, might circle back around and finish it today.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

High Waters

The Unspoiled

Faultline