Writhing In Emptiness

Took yesterday off ‘cos we were running some errands then working on music. Back today.

-

Luke Schneider - Spaced-out ambience ala Fripp and Eno or Stars of the Lid channeled via pedal steel guitar and what I have to assume is an entire assload of EFX pedals. Great album to wake up and drink coffee to.

-

Steve Von Till - I liked the newest Steve Von Till album well enough, but I like this alternate instrumental/ ambient version of the material even better.

-

Bathory - A while back I saw a video of some dude doing a crazy piano arrangement of One Rode to Asa Bay and I’ve been on kind of a Bathory kick ever since.

-

Dusk - Mid 90s death/ doom from Wisconsin.

-

Ossuarium - I spent most of the past couple years not buying much in the way of new music so I’ve been catching up on some of the stuff I missed lately. This Ossuarium stuff is killer. Gnarly DM with just enough speed to make the downshifts into chunking chugging doom feel like a long fall into an open sewer. Heavy. Gross. thumbs up.

-

Deadbird - Don’t these guys share a couple members with Rwake and maybe Ash of Cedars? I don’t remember but either way this stuff is pretty cool. Sludgy swampy doom from Arkansas.

-

G.I.S.M. - You probably don’t need me to explain G.I.S.M. to you but I just picked up the Detestation reissue so into the rotation pile it goes. Nice to finally have a physical copy.

-

Ash Ra Tempel - I think the only “New Age of Earth” any of us can look forward to is one with more heat and less water, but it’s nice to listen to this album and dream of a better day.

-


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

High Waters

The Unspoiled

Faultline